Honouring the public servants who have been working on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Whether working in healthcare or delivering essential services in the areas of sanitation, social welfare, education, postal delivery, transport, law enforcement, and more, public servants globally have continued to work in the community as many people shelter at home, risking their lives to ensure ours can continue.
WHO Director-General joined a virtual high-level panel at the United Nations to mark Public Service Day on 23 June to honour the women and men who are risking their lives and health to deliver essential public services amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The event brought together public servants and leaders to discuss the importance of the continuation of public service provision during times of the COVID-19 pandemic. It examined the various approaches countries are taking during the crisis and what measures they are undertaking to better mitigate such challenges in the future. The event also included an orchestral piece performed by the UN Orchestra and featured a video showcasing public servants in action, developed from over 80 submissions received from public servants at national and local levels worldwide.
- Mr. António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations (video statement)
- Mr. Tijjani Muhammad-Bande, President of the General Assembly
- H.E. Ms. Sahle-Work Zewde, President of Ethiopia
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General, World Health Organization
- Mr. Liu Zhenmin, United Nations Under Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs
- H.E. Mr. Chin Young, Minister of Interior and Safety, Republic of Korea
- Dr. In-Jae Lee, Deputy Minister of the Interior and Safety, Republic of Korea
- H.E. Ms. K.K. Shailaja Teacher, Minister of Health of Kerala State, India
- Mr. Jim Campbell, Director, Health Workforce Department World Health Organization
- Ms. Annette Kennedy, President of International Council of Nurses
- Rosa Pavenelli, General Secretary, Public Services International,
Moderator: Ms. Odette Ramsingh, Executive Director: Human Resources, Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
How to watch
We are inviting Individual Blogger | News Publications | Professionals | Brands | Citizens | Kids | Youth | Social Workers to
Contact/WhatsApp: +91 7827887720 Email: email@example.com
Disclaimer: The perspectives communicated in the article/news/press release above are those of the writers’ and don’t really speak to or mirror the perspectives of this website or its personnel. Except if in any case noticed, the writer is writing in his/her own ability. They are not expected and ought not to be thought to speak to legitimate thoughts, perspectives, or strategies of any individual, Institution, organization or foundation.