With every unfortunate incident in our society hypocrisy spills over and the masses use it to massage their ego. It is at times used to curse the ones that they wouldn’t otherwise dare to speak about. There is no doubt that every genre of work has its own evils, exploitations and hardships. Yes, obviously Nepotism is always there. But inside their system or ecosystem people prefer to keep silent or maybe they wish to maintain their comfort zone with manageable evils.
Let us not forget that success comes with challenges and moreover everyone knows about the issues in their respective fields. Most of the most successful men did not have a legacy to take them to the top but they paved their way upwards. A general misconception most people have that there are no challenges in the family legacy. The capable only take the legacy ahead most of the kingdoms, dynasties & business empires are nowhere today as they didn’t have righteous successors.
In the recent case of Sushant Singh Rajput, I was very disturbed as had recently watched one of his movies called Chhichhore where he explains the meaning of life to his son who attempted suicide. I have been following his work and watched a number of his movies in empty cinema halls barring M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story. He was an exceptional talent and a great human being. Fewer people appreciated his art in cinema halls compared to the numbers of distress we saw on social media. Appreciation of any art form is by patronising its creators by paying not by praising them. Same goes for any other profession in the world. You like the work pay for them and help them survive.
He was having a tough time and for some unknown reason better known by him he took a drastic step to end his life. I would refrain to make a remark on the same. No matter how short it was his life was big and so were his achievements at this age.
“I wish to discuss the reaction post his demise
Every incident in today’s world has a victim and beneficiary. We find hate, gossip and sensationalism across the digital platforms. There is huge content being circulated that has no basis or facts and over a period of time they become real facts. Digital platforms are beautifully designed keeping the choices and preferences of end user in mind it feeds a person that he chooses to read, listen or view in simple words the make “Birds of a feather flock together“
Sushant’s death and Digital Earnings
After every unfortunate incident, hundreds of videos of wannabe politicians, cribbing celebrities and unknown faces on video platforms appear out of nowhere. They present their ideas with so much conviction that over a period of time we start believing them. We listen to what they have to sake and skip the advertisements after 5 seconds>> or may watch some ads that are randomly appearing in the video. When we watch our preference is recorded and whenever something similar appears on the platform. It gets served before us.
Unfortunate incidents are trigger points for Digital Earnings
Genuine content curation is an uphill task not a cup of tea for everyone. Yes, but gossip from a tea shop on your phone is worth listening to. Generally, people lend ears to gossip and any content that they would derive sadistic pleasure. We see a surge in posts on social media which are negative in nature but somehow to become appealing to a select audience. The content focuses on sympathy, inner fears and perceived hate.
In this case, How Perception is built
- Nepotism is a social evil.
- It has stopped you from growing. Owner of your company passes wealth to his family. You get peanuts as salary.
- Your generations will face the same if you don’t do something.
- Stand Up and Raise your voice.
So how one raises voice
- Login to Social Network promote # Hashtags
- Shout a loud against the presumed culprits.
- View & Share Celebrity Videos
- Share News Items + Fake News Items
- Listen to conspiracy theories by every Tom, Dick & Harry‘s who recently turned Sherlock Holmes
What is the Result of the activity
For the Content Creator, their
- Videos are circulated across
- Websites get footfall
- Readership Viewership goes up by your sharing the posts
- The revenue from the advertisers on their websites grows.
What does reader or viewer get ?
- Few hours of life wasted in reading or viewing & a few thinking.
- Getting in arguments with people whom you might not know personally may be trolls.
- Might end up losing some friends whose views are not aligned with yours.
- You don’t even watch the ads that you were supposed to see.
What does the advertiser get?
- Just matrix of the eyeballs which were not watching him
- Expenses towards advertising
- A share in spreading hate and angst in society
- Yes, there would be some revenue for sure but it could have come without unwanted outcomes.
What does the cause get?
- Social Media #Hashtage and #Whatabboutry
- Online Petitions (Which I am sure no one reads)
- Lots of cribbology from anyone who has an internet connection in forms of posts tweets or maybe live videos.
- A few days of engagement before another incident takes place.
There are no resolutions that we make as a society as we are to fragmented in thoughts. Problem is not hat we might never be able to set past right but we don’t intend to protect the future that is in our hands.
There will be challenges and unfortunate things but are we going to pledge as an individual to help or blame the once who could have helped.
Sushant is no more but we are taking about him when he is no more and this publicity would help him much.