Women Achiever Awards 2017
New Delhi, India (April 29, 2017) – Indian Women Convention 2017 & Women Achiever Awards & Recognitions, the platform where Women Heads, Women Consultants, Women professionals from across the industry came together with a learning and networking motive, concluded on April 29,2017 at Hotel Country Inn, Gurugram, Haryana. The convention had industry leaders, including professionals from across India. The conference was hosted by the Wafisilpa Entertainments.
The agenda for the event focussed on ” Women making India” from an Indian perspective. “This year’s Indian Women Convention brought together Indian leaders in industries and academics to help further the promise of Women Development” said Wafisilpa Entertainments Director, Talees Rizvi. “From our outstanding keynote speakers, to the number of professionals, the 2017 Convention was a resounding success. This event shall continue to provide Women leaders with the opportunity to showcase the best of their industry & Talent. Indian Women Convention shall soon become the biggest corporate platform for Women professionals.”
The Convention featured Mr. Anshumali Saxena, Partner, Brand Disrupt, as the Conference Director. The Chief Guest for the event were Ms. Laxmi & Dr Pooja Sharma.
Ms. Laxmi who was acid attacked in Khan Market, Delhi 2005;In 2006 she filed a PIL on punishments against perpetrators of acid violence and regulation on sale of acid in India. The PIL got judgment in her favour in 2013 and the amendments in the constitutions were framed as Laxmi Act. Since then she has continued her journey to eradicate acid violence in India. After being awarded as International Women of Courage by the First Lady of US Mrs. Michelle Obama, today she is the face of any and every unprivileged acid attack surviving women in India.
Dr Pooja Sharma Gynaecologist, researcher, ethicist, patient rights advocate, Mother, wife, daughter, friend and a nationalist. Trained to be a gynaecologist at BHU Varanasi went on to work for the creation of a vaccine for paediatric (rota viral) diarrhoea at AIIMS and Society for Applied Studies. Worked on JE vaccine evaluation and currently leads the Medanta Institute of Education and Research.
Chairs the ethics committee of Indian Spinal Injuries centre, member of the National Brain Research Centre Ethics committee and the secretary of the scientific committee and the ethical committee at Medanta.
Honorary team lead for research at Cankids, kidscan and Founder secretary of PARTAKE a multi-stakeholder initiative for patient awareness of clinical research.
Our keynote Speakers were:
• Ms. Ruchi Bhatia, Recruitment Branding Lead, IBM
• Ms. Manager – Talent Acquisition, NCR Corporation
• Ms. Firdouse Qutb Wani, Partner, LCZF
• Ms. Lovely Kumar, Director, Larks Learning
• Ms. Monika Makkar, Life Coach,
• Ms. Nishi M. Khurana, HR Divisional Head of R&D, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
• Ms. Shradha Nikam, Fashion Designer
The Recipient of Women Achiever Awards 2017
• Ms. Trisheetaa Tej, Pencil9 for Excellence in International Business, Industry: Advertising & PR.
• Dr. Sonal Thakker Gupta, Max Healthcare for Excellence in Neurosurgery, Industry: Healthcare.
• Ms. Suvidha Shekar ,WILLIEZ Foundation for Excellence in Pre School Education, Industry: Education.
• Ms. Priya Sawant, Leading Lady Foundation for Excellence in Inspirational Workshops for Healthy Mindset, Industry: Human Resource Training & development.
• Ms. Sonal Ahuja, House Of Learning for Excellence in bringing the change in early Childhood Education, Industry: Education.
• Ms. Shobhana Hadap, Studio Mars for Excellence in Branding, Space & Virtual Design Solutions, Industry: Design & Brand Communication.
• Dr. Kavita Choudhary, JK Lakshmipat University for Excellence in Research & Development in Information technology, Industry: Education: Science & Technology.
• Ms. Nisha Jhaveri, Fortuna Image Management for Excellence in Etiquette & Soft Skills Trainings, Industry: Image Management.
• Ms. Shalu Bhardwaj, for”Excellence in Higher education,Human Resources,Corporate management & Media Education,Women Empowerment Initiatives.
• Ms. Rajeswari Arunachalam, Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd. for Diffusion of Innovation in Field of Corporate and Social Works, Industry: Petroleum.
• Prof. Surabhi Singh, Jaipuria School Of Business for Excellence in Marketing Education, Industry: Higher Education.
• Ms. Nishi Khurana, Founder, Nav Foundation & Saral Gyan for Education Empowerment for Deprived Rural Folks, Industry: Education.
• Dr. Seema Sharma, Saral Diagnostics for HR Innovator, Industry: Healthcare.
• Ms. Yogita Lugani, for Outstanding Research in Field of “Enzyme and Fermentation Technology”, Industry: Biotechnology.
• Ms. Aparna Soni, Purp Salon for Developing Cosmetic Salon Services as a Brand, Industry: Cosmetics and Beauty.
• Ms. Urmila Prabhu, Imagical Tales for Innovative Workshops Through Storytelling, Industry: Skill Development In Education.
• Ms. Hemal Kamat (Founder/Director), Concept Society for Excellence in Women Empowerment, Industry: NGO.
• Ms. Shweta Shetty, for Excellence in Corporate Management & Performing Arts.
• Ms. Shilpa Chawla, The Shilpa Chawla Health Clinic for Contribution in Field of Dietary and Nutrition, Industry: Health Care.
• Ms. Rakhi Agarwal, for Excellence in Healthcare & Education to Empower Girls & Women, Industry: Health Care & Social Work.
• Ms. Saira Ghasi Khan, HRCTMS for Excellence in Recruitment Services, Industry: Recruitment.
• Ms. Payal Patel, INBOX InfoTech Private Limited for Excellence in Information Technology, Industry: Information Technology.
• Dr. Preeti Sharma, Max Healthcare for Excellence in Cardiac Intervention, Industry: Healthcare.
• Ms. Seema Sharma, for Fitness Professional – Zumba, Aerobics , Power Yoga, Pre natal yoga, Industry: Healthcare and wellness.
• Ms. Kiran Yadav, Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company Limited for Excellence In Human Resource Management, Industry: Insurance.
• Dr. Priya Dahiya, Maharaja Agrasen Hospital for Campaign against Sex selection and Female Feticide, Industry: IVF & Healthcare.
• Ms. Renu Gupta, 1st Aim for Excellence in Event management & Production, Industry: Event Management.
• Ms. Kanchana TK, OPPI for Excellence in Healthcare Management, Industry: Pharmaceuticals.
• Ms. Reema Arora, Eventique Concepts for Excellence in Fashion & Lifestyle Exhibition, Industry: Fashion.