07 July 2020
Environmental Impact Assessment
· Environmental Impact Assessment by M/s ERM: Environmental Impact Assessment by M/s ERM is in progress. Air quality monitoring was conducted at Baghjan and Guijan side and noise monitoring was conducted at Baghjan side on 06.07.2020. Consultation with villagers of Dighaltarang and with panchayat members of Dighaltarang and Baghjan were also carried out. The study will be continued till one week beyond the date of capping the well successfully.
· TERI Study on Air Quality & Noise Level: Sample collection for monitoring of air quality and noise level is in progress for analysis. Recording of data at already installed analysers is in progress.
· TERI study on Bioremediation of Sludge: Debris clearance as a part of site preparation for bio remediation job is being carried out along the roadside from the blow out well towards Maguri Beel. Aerial survey using drone fly camera is being carried out in affected areas.
· CSIR-NEIST Seismological Study: Recording is in progress for seismological study in the vicinity of Baghjan-5 well.
Preparation for Capping the Well:
Debris Removal: After completion of Civil works, the debris removal jobs have been resumed again this morning. Deluge Water Supply: All arrangement for deluge water supply completed. All three ONGC CMT Pumps are in operation. OIL CMT pumps are also ready for delivery. Fabrication and connection of additional fire water monitors are in progress. Civil work at Site: Civil works are continuously being carried out for regular maintenance and specific requirement.
Servicing of Equipment at OIL’s CMT Yard/ Engineering Workshop: Inspection/repairing of 2 nos. of additional high discharge water pumps received from ONGC Sibsagar are in progress. Repairing and servicing of other equipment are in progress.
Transferring equipment/material to the site: Equipment and materials are being transferred depending on requirement and site condition.
Relief and Rehabilitation
Surveys for Assessment of damage for compensation by the committee constituted by District Administration are in progress. Survey for total of 962 families in Doomdooma and Tinsukia Circle conducted till date.
Impact on Oil/Gas Production due to Protests
Due to stoppage/blockades, there was production loss of 44 MT of Crude Oil and 0.13 MMSCM of Natural Gas as reported on 06-07-2020. Operations were disrupted in 03 Oil wells & 01 gas well. Cumulative production loss since 27th May, 2020 due to bandhs and blockades: 9200 MT Crude oil, 11.97 MMSCM of natural gas.
Any other Issues
· OIL appointed eligible dependents of deceased OIL employees in Baghjan Blowout Fire: Eligible dependents of OIL’s deceased firefighters, Late Tikheswar Gohain and Late Durlov Gogoi have been appointed by OIL on compassionate ground. Shri Pranab Jyoti Gohain, son of late Tikheswar Gohain and Mrs. Purabi Gogoi, wife of Late Durlov Gogoi were handed over the appointment letters by Shri Rajeev Baruah, CGM (HR) and Shri Prasanta Borkakoty, ED (HR&A) respectively in presence of Shri Ashok Das, ED (HR) and Shri Rajib Dehingia, President, IOWU, Shri Bhaskar Jyoti Borah, Gen.Secy, IOWU. Both of them have since joined OIL.
We are inviting Individual Blogger | News Publications | Professionals | Brands | Citizens | Kids | Youth | Social Workers to
Contact/WhatsApp: +91 7827887720 Email: email@example.com
Disclaimer: The perspectives communicated in the article/news/press release above are those of the writers’ and don’t really speak to or mirror the perspectives of this website or its personnel. Except if in any case noticed, the writer is writing in his/her own ability. They are not expected and ought not to be thought to speak to legitimate thoughts, perspectives, or strategies of any individual, Institution, organization or foundation.